Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The big release!

Today was another exciting day in FS2. We had to release the butterflies into the environment. The children discussed where the best place to release them would be. We decided to release them in our school garden because 'it is nice and quiet and near to the flower beds so they can drink nectar' (Grace). Otter's butterflies didn't want to fly away- they must like school too much! Matthew very carefully helped Foxes' butterflies find their wings.


Mason took on the role of David Attenborough/ Steve Backshall! Listen to his commentary...




Here is the exclusive interview with the intrepid butterfly handler... Matthew.



Don't forget to check out our updated phonics page. Who needs Mr Thorne when our very own Otters and Foxes do an even better job!

3 comments:

  1. amazing foxes and Otters, looks like you all had a really great time in the sunshine releasing the butterflies. I love being able to see what you are all up to. Missing you all soooo much. Mrs O'brien

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my daddy about the thorax. I liked setting the butterflies free. Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew, you butterfly talking is brilliant. Mummy and daddy told me about it so I had to watch it.
    What an amazing thing to be able to do.(Releasing the butterflies) I never did anything like it when I was at school.
    Looking forward to finding out more tings you get up to.
    Auntie Kathryn

    ReplyDelete